Saturday 29 May 2010

Anthony Brown - retrospective exhibition

Anthony Browne is no double one of the best children book illustrators and story tellers in the world! His picture books are not only suitable for children but they are loved by many adults. I am, no double, one of his many fans! 





What a great honor to meet him and have my books signed!


His STORIES - written in simple language, yet creative and inspiring. The beauty of it is that one can read the same story many times and feel differently each time - sentimental, romantic, up lifting...

His ILLUSTRATIONS - filled with imaginative and subtle symbolic meanings; if you are familiar with western historical paintings, you'll love them more!


I was rather nervous when chatting to my idol! The first thing Anthony said to me was that he sensed that I was a children illustrator! Can you spot my elephant illustration above the book where Anthony was signing?



If you are interested to read Anthony's books, try these!

Voices in The Park
Willy the Wimp
Willy's Pictures
Changes

Also take a look at this interview by The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like ...