Sunday 6 February 2011

New Year New Make

Happy belated Chinese New Year, folks! 
In case you are not aware, 3rd Feb is the first day of the year for us Chinese people! It is a huge day, like Christmas in the western world. When I was young, my huge family (nearly 40 relatives on my father's side and 30 on my mum's side) would spend at least a week celebrating it. Similar to Christmas, it is all about being with family, eating, eating and eating while lying around and not doing much. Since I don't have any Chinese relatives in London, so I spent my first day of the Rabbit year doing things that cheer me the most - hand making things! Luckily, the sun was brightly out, so I quickly got my screen print kit ready to do some printing. 











If you are keen to see what my final handmade products look like, I have posted them onto my shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like ...