Tuesday 25 January 2011

Kalo's Cooking Skills... Acceptable!

Many of you may know that I am never a food person. I don't have any major preference for restaurants (definitely not KFC or kebab tho!), I only cook simple meals and the same thing over and over again, basically anything that satisfy my tummy will do. However, ever since I started working from home, or should I say since the first of day of January 2011, I began to cook a lot more and I am definitely falling in love with it! Cooking is actually...rather fun! 


I am cooking Chinese a lot at the moment because I have this great book 'Chinese Food Made Easy'. The recipes are really easy to follow; unlike Jamie Oliver's recipes, you don't have to buy a lot of ingredients and the key point is the outcome (food) taste good! Of course, my dishes still taste different and not as good as what my mum and aunties cook back home but hey! it is a start for me! (I used to ONLY make stir-fry with one flavor, Ho sin sauce!!!) 


This time, I made a Sweet and Sour Pork coated with roasted peanuts!
I have also attached a photo of the recipe below in case anyone wants to try it out yourself!




Double click to enlarge for recipe


Kalo's version!

2 comments:

  1. I have this book, but I haven't cooked from it yet! I am inspired to now...
    I love your hot dogs. Yes show me your pattern when you've done it, they're really fun to make and quite addictive too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tor
    The book is actually pretty good! I cannot imagine me falling in love with cooking. By the way, thanks so much for the support and inspiration!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like ...